I am happy to report that my IPOD is being fixed right now. I am working on moving my music library from one computer to another, ive been at it for about 6 hours now but I will okay- thank you all for your concern as I experienced panic over my ipod :) Im fine now, I've got some perspective now.
What changed me you ask? well, let me tell you about my thursday- I stated in a previous post I love thursdays... this one was no different!
I woke up at 5:30am to go get supplies for a luncheon then cook and get to work by 9am, the lunch was for a very special group of people.
Today was the burial of our dear friend Don so, we planned on having all of his friends come back to the church for a meal. I was blessed to be the one to cook and to serve the food to all of Dons friends- now my new friends.
We had a total of about 12 people and it was a very sweet time with them. Though we do not have a lot in common physically, (we sleep in a cozy-overly decorated and sometimes overflowing with junk houses and they sleep in tents) I realized today that we had a love for a friend in common and a love for God. Not to mention a compassion for people.
So, when I stop and think... maybe if I did go on vacation without my ipod I would be okay with that bc today the Lord used me to hold a homeless woman as she cried to mourned the loss of a friend and really, when all the electronics are gone that is all I desire, to be used by God and that my life bring him glory in some way each day!
Today was a bitter sweet day, I pray that today you also met the Lord with Joy in serving him and others around you.

Today I was reminded that the most important accessory is not an electronic, it is a towel!!!
A towel like Jesus so I can wash feet (serve).
Blessings!
-missa
No comments:
Post a Comment