Mar 23, 2009

Take time to watch the fluttering


Scott and I at Cross Mountain in Fredericksburgh

As spring break approached Scott and I decided to take the WHOLE weekend off. This means, Friday evening-Sunday evening. It does not happen very often but, I LOVE when it does not to mention, It was time for a break!!!! We went to Fredericksburg and had a great time. What a cute town, I love it there! 
Life is lived a slower pace in Fredericksburg than in Austin so, we got into the groove of their pace and enjoyed a slow, relaxed weekend together.
We walked from our hotel to a little coffee shop we found and to all the shops. We walked almost everywhere the entire weekend. I loved it!
On sunday we decided to go to the Wild seed farm just outside of town. I love the Wild seed Farm, there are flowers everywhere and plants and the best part is that there is a butterfly sanctuary that you walk through and see hundreds of butterflies fluttering around. It is a neat experience. 
Did you know that butterflies also migrate???? Well, they do and when we got the butterfly sanctuary, we saw a lady walk by with a small tent full of butterflies and I thought hmmmmm. Wonder what that is about so, about an hour later we decided we would walk through the butterfly area and the tent of butterflies were being distributed into the sanctuary.
Since we were there we got to help..... it was soo neat!
 
We would reach in and get a butterfly on your finger and then find a flower to put it on. The butterflies were so still. The lady said it was because they were hungry and cold :)
Something about flowers and butterflies makes me reverted back to a little girl. Anytime anywhere i see butterflies I stop and watch it flutter - Don't know why but, I still do! Something about watching a colorful butterfly (I love to watch hummingbirds too) is so relaxing. I stop what Im doing and let myself get lost and captivated.....it may be what they go through to be that beautiful..... who knows!
Anyways, It was an experience I will not forget! The cutest thing was when some kids arrived.... Scott and I stepped back and let them help...It was THE CUTEST thing to see. Not to mention, I got lots of great pics of butterflies.

We ended our trip with a road trip to Granbury to pick up the kids (JoJo, Cineca, Gabriel) for their Spring Break. We had not see the kids since Nov so, it was time for a visit. The drive there was amazing... I love Spring !

Thats all for now but I wanted to remind you to... slow down today and watch the fluttering!
-missa

No comments: