May 2, 2009

Purge to freedom

I am happy to announce that the Taylor's are 3 steps away from Freedom:

1)  Sell all of my junk (overflow if you want to get spiritual about it) at this garage sale.

2) Clean, clean, clean. I am going to deep clean the house and shampoo carpet sometime today!

3) Pray and believe that my house is going to sell within 2 weeks, my God can anything so, I am steady asking and believing!

Scott and I have been continuously working on our house and getting it ready to place on the market. In the last week we have only had about 4 hours tops of sleep any given night so at this point we are a bit loopy and ready to cross this finish line - but man o' man does the house look great! 
We had a painter come in and paint a fresh coat on the walls and in the process where actually blessed with lots of extra work at no charge. I walked in to find nail holes filled and painted and the entire bathroom painted! What a blessing!
Then we had one of the teenagers come in and helped clean the stove, oven, refrigerator for some $$$$. All while Scott and I purged every room in the house. I am slowly feeling more free as the days go by. In seeing the ridiculousness of the piles of stuff here at my house I promised myself to purge my future house periodically, not to mention I really thought about how much excess stuff we have and what a waste it is. I am going to go into the next phase of life and live as minimally as possible. I think we think we need alot more than we actually really need!
I have my God, my husband, health, food and shelter -> good enough for me!

Im getting excited about the next season of our lives together!

We are nearing the finish line of being ready on Monday for the realtor to come over. YAY! 
We had AAB covered by another couple so Scott could do a fundraiser with XYC and I could hold the garage sale> come on BIG MONEY  $  :)

-> By the way ...... 14 days till diving in beautiful ROATAN!!!!! - woo hoo!

No comments: