May 6, 2009

change through the backseat window

Hello Readers....

So the last of our 2 tasks for our home was completed last night - YAY!
Now after 2 weeks of non-stop working on it in-between meetings, life and work we can take a deep breath and relax and just wait.
I am exhausted so rest is just in time as my b-day weekend roles around!
We were hoping to have it all done by this weekend then take the weekend off for my b-day (as we do every year). Taking the whole weekend off is not an option anymore and I'm a bit disappointed as I was really looking forward to re-cooperating. You could pack a full grown elephant in the bags under my eyes and my thoughts are no longer making sense :) Im already a goofy person by design so imagine normal me colliding with exhausted me, what you get is GRUMPY me! haha! Not cute at all... Grouchy does not look good on me.
We will have some down time during some of the portions of the weekend so I plan on making the most of the time by getting as much rest as possible so that I do not go on vacation spent and needing the first 3 days of my vacation to function normally (like last time). 

When I step back and think about it, I dont know where we are going to live, I dont know when we will move, I dont know anything, Im exhausted but this morning I was thinking about this and told myself, "Relax, it's just change- sit back Melissa and relax, you know who you are in Christ- enjoy this season- enjoy the ride"! I was reminded of the the word of God and how it tells me that God is the author and the perfector of our (my) faith (heb 12:1-2) & that HE who began this good work in you (me) will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus (phi 1:6)! What is the to fret over? NOTHING!
Lots of change going on in the Taylor household. It is so exciting because I know my God is up to something good! Can't wait to share all of the exciting new things as Scott and I walk this out. I LOVE change- I love surprises so I love that right now I feel like a big exciting lump of clay without a clue and with this new start it can become ANYTHING the Lord wants to shape us into. 
You see... I do not need to drive...I do not need control, HE is in control- I've turned over the driver seat. And the steering wheel is in the Lords hands now so now, I can just sit back and enjoy the ride and watch change roll by through the backseat window. 

This is the song I've been jammin' to lately- enjoy!

Check in with you again soon!
-missa

By the way,
10 days!

No comments: