Dec 26, 2008

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Have you ever watched the movie "The Outsiders" it had a very famous cast (though they were not too famous at the time it is an old movie) : The cast cosists of: Ralph Machio, Rob Lowe, Patrick Sweazy, etc. etc. Are you picturing it yet?
Well, there is a part of the movie where Ralph Machio (Johnny) reads a poem called "Nothing Gold Can Stay". Johnny was a greaser so he was not the typical poet. 
Long Story short:
Johnny and BFF go in hiding bc of crime that was commited
They smoke and talk and play cards
Pony boy ends up reading this poem to Johnny (his bff)
Johnny tries to be a hero
Johnny dies 
The movie then ends with the poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay" being read by Ponyboy. It was a very moving and sad.

Today is the end of an era and I realized, NOTHING GOLD CAN STAY!
Please join me to reflect on better days:

Yup- nothing Gold can stay; it was a sad day today as my favorite mug fell and shattered. It was as if time stopped and the world stopping spinning. I opened the pantry to get the cup and it was as if it was in slow motion.. I said " NOOOOOOOOOOO" as I ran to try to catch it before it slowly fell to the ground bc deep down I know it could not survive hitting my tile in the kitchen and nothing would have prepared me for the sound of the pieces flying all over my kitchen. It was a very sad moment... a moment that will forever be frozen in my mind and broken in my heart!
Please join me for a moment of silence and remembrance of all of the faithful mornings I enjoyed my favorite mug and how life is no longer as I've known-it to be!!

Ha! Ha! - So dramatic.

Have a great day - Missa

No comments: